Tech Spec - NP TaperView NP Taper
The NP Taper™ is the ideal solution for creating tiny letters or shapes with a very thin stroke width. They are incredibly bright, very strong and eyecatching to look at. Discover unparalleled brand accuracy and brightness – in any colour you need.
Commonly used for luxury brand names and higher end solutions, the NP Taper can also be used in the same way as the rest of the range.
- Face Illumination with a tapered stroke width down to 2mm minimum.
- The minimum stroke width towards the back of the letter is 10mm.
- NP Taper will be finished in various layers of paint to keep the light in, and give a sumptuous finish to the outside.
- Perfect for internal and external applications.
LETTER MINIMUMS AND MAXIMUMS
- Our minimum height product is 30mm
- Our maximum height product is 1m+
Please note we’ll always double-check any artwork you send us. If we think any detailing may be compromised, due to the choice of font and text, we’ll get in touch.
Min. Stroke width to the back of the letter / B. Min. stroke width to the face of the letter / C. Ideal face Stroke Width / D. Backing Material
- NP1 – A 10mm/B 2mm/C 3mm /D Aluminium
FIXINGS AND OTHER OPTIONS
We offer a wide range of fixing options.
This is a very basic overview of some of the standard fixings we offer.
- Stainless Steel Bolts in various sizes
- Rivnuts and allthreads in various sizes
- Neon stands supplied with ‘buff’ cable ties or nickel wire.
- Brass/nickel locators
- Keyhole fixings
- 24v – 16.8w p/m / 163 leds p/m (Available in 10 static colours – Cool White (7500K), Pure White (6500K), Natural White (4000K), Warm White (3000K), Yellow, Orange, Pink, Red, Green & Blue)
- 24v RGB – 20w p/m / 90 leds p/m
- 5v Digital – 14.4w p/m / 60 leds p/m
- 12v Tunable – 9.6w p/m / 60 leds p/m
We can supply most of the main colours in a 12v alternative if you need to fit to an existing system. Ask us for more details.
Our standard minimum internal radius on the face of NP Taper, is virtually zero as the tooling used to create the taper goes to a point. Towards the back of the letters they will be cut with 6mm or 4mm* bits leaving a suitably small internal radius.
*On smaller jobs we can use a 4mm bit to reduce the radius to 2mm, but it leaves an Orange peel effect on the edges which is difficult to remove. Our technical team will be happy to talk to you about what you need.
We’ve worked to develop IP67 weatherproofing to all our range. The only limitation is a minimum stroke width of 15mm on the letter to allow room for a mechanical fix for the backing.
We use a method called “Master Wiring”. It’s the ideal way to connect power safely without compromising on bright and even illumination.
We always supply wiring diagrams for our jobs, whether basic or intricate, and we have a technical helpline here to help if you get stuck
If your client requires the traditional ‘neon’ look, we can wire up using similar cable to glass neon. There’s a bit more work involved with it, so please let us know at the point of requesting a quote.
We offer a wide range of controllers.
We have a wide range of units to control your NeonPlus® in many different ways. From RGB controllers, dimmer switches, DMX systems, flasher units and digital controllers.
We offer a range of wireless units that work with dimmers, RGB controllers, flasher units, DMX systems and addressable options. This helps when you want to control multiple signs from one point, and also if trailing the wire just isn’t possible.
NeonPlus® offers 8 standard acrylic colours
- Deep blue
- Light blue